[fpc-devel] fcl-web webdata example(s) on Windows has some problems

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Wed Aug 18 11:31:33 CEST 2010

...snip...
 > ExtJS however, will only have 'remote' type if the server response is
proper for it (having a root /which is "rows"/ in our case), all other
cases instead of 'remote' it has the type 'response', regardless of our
"success" property being true or false.

 >Unfortunately, the ExtJS documentation is rather terse where this is
concerned.

 >So, if "rows" is not supplied, type='response' and the 'success'
property must simply be checked ? Or do you suggest adding "rows" to the
error response ?

 >I'm not sure if this is also the case if you are using a DirectStore ?

The docs for Ext.DataProxy -> events -> exception says it in more detail.
"
Fires if an exception occurs in the Proxy during a remote request. This
event is relayed through a corresponding Ext.data.Store.exception, so
any Store instance may observe this event.
# type : String

The value of this parameter will be either 'response' or 'remote'.

     * 'response' :
       An invalid response from the server was returned: either 404, 500
or the response meta-data does not match that defined in the DataReader
(e.g.: root, idProperty, successProperty).

     * 'remote' :
       A valid response was returned from the server having
successProperty === false. This response might contain an error-message
sent from the server. For example, the user may have failed
authentication/authorization or a database validation error occurred.
"

We are always getting type='response' now (due to "response meta-data
does not match that defined in the DataReader") with the "rows" not
being there when an exception/error happens server side, so no error
message we pass is processed in our ExtJS.
I do not know about DirectStore, I just started with ExtJS/JSON with
playing with the demo apps from fcl-web a few days ago :)
Does it hurt anything if we just append a "rows":"" to our
error/exception replies? I did that with the 1st demo app and it works
so far, displays the errors from the server side now (like "DB field X
cannot be null", "Cannot connect to DB server", "Invalid DB user", etc.).

AB