[fpc-devel] fpdoc patch - big or small
graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 10:52:35 CEST 2010
I'm ready to supply the new IPF Output Writer patch for fpdoc. But how
should I supply this patch, because I implemented a few extra features into
the Linear Output Writer as well.
* One big patch with everything included.
* Patch with new IPF writer
* patch for Interfaces Overview in Linear writer
* patch with new Linear Writer specific parameter to control
if linked documentation should be duplicated or not.
* patch for fixing minor spelling mistakes in fpdoc
* patch to not create a section Errors if there isn't actually
any specific documentation for errors.
* patch to fix SeeAlso section in Linear writer. It never output
the custom text, but always the node link as text.
* new features for linear writer that could be overridden in
- marked some protected methods as virtual
- new section for listing Types found in a unit
The problem with most of these smaller patches, other than the new IPF
writer, is that they occur in the same unit. So the patches will have to be
applied in some order, otherwise patch line numbers will be wrong. This is
hard to do, because I used SubVersion while developing, so couldn't create
smaller local commits that are feature specific.
So is it ok if I give one large patch? Alternative (and more work) is to
use the git mirror repository, copy the changed units over, then I can
split the patches into smaller bits. The latter is probably best, but I'm a
bit lazy today. ;-)
- Graeme -
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
More information about the fpc-devel