[fpc-devel] Conditional Breakpoints using FPC and GDB

Martin fpc at mfriebe.de
Fri Aug 13 11:42:10 CEST 2010

  On 13/08/2010 10:14, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lazarus has a dialog for conditional breakpoints, but it doesn't work. I
> tried everything.
> * set a breakpoint where condition is:   TypeDecl.Name = 'TRGBTriple'

Seems that gdb expects double quotes
    FName = "abc"
but then it wants malloc to be defined, and complains about that.

It does support string index, and bool expression:
   FName[0]='a' and FName[1]='b'
That works (in the watches windows) [Note in Lazarus the expression
isn't properly quoted before being send to gdb. So (since it has spaces)
you need to double quote the entire expression, before sending it to gdb]

I can also Do:
   SomeString=OtherString
So if you have the desired name in a variable...

Martin