[fpc-devel] Compiler trheads (was: NoGlobals branch)

Helmut Hartl helmut.hartl at firmos.at
Thu Aug 12 19:15:34 CEST 2010

  Am 12.08.10 13:37, schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> So, I'm no thread expert, but does this all really matter that much if the
> units (literally) to schedule are in the tens of ms magnitude and HDD access
> is required for each of them ?
Of course you are fully right and it depends on the particular problem -
we for example do inplace analysis of tcp / udp packets in memory over gb
links with no spinning disks.

What I wanted to say is that the work and concepts already done by
others (apple and various others)
can be reused as it's unlikely to have a quick win with an own first
solution and to provide some
(useful) links.

helmut