[fpc-devel] Debugger problem

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Aug 7 17:01:37 CEST 2010

Marc Weustink schrieb:

>> Nonetheless when I run the same program from the Lazarus IDE, no console
>> window opens :-(
>
> You cannot debug console apps in lazarus.

I can, on Windows. And, as I've just learned in the chat, it's also
possible do debug console applications on Linux, at least as long as no
console input is required. For that purpose Lazarus has to be started
from a console, which then will receive all output, from Lazarus,
debugger and debugged application. A bit weird, but at least I now can
single step also on Linux :-)

After some more assistance I could make at least 32 bit console apps
work with the 32 bit debugger on Win7/64. I wonder what's the problem
with the 64 bit gdb. Both say they are mingw apps, and the 64 bit
debugger also works with Lazarus 0.9.28 and fpc 2.2.4, but not with 2.4
or 2.5 :-(

DoDi