[fpc-devel] Proposal: Enhanced replacement for assignment operators

"Vinzent Höfler" JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Fri Aug 6 18:43:41 CEST 2010

Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Henry Vermaak wrote:
>
> > On 6 August 2010 06:08, "Vinzent Höfler" <JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net>
> wrote:

> >> Rght. Shrt sntncs r mch sr t rd.
> >
> > Punctuation <> vowels.
>
> Well, let's all communicate binary.
>
> You then have to know only 2 letters: 0 and 1.
> Things can't be made more simple than that.

Yes, back to the good old times where we typed hex listings out of badly copied magazines. Programming was so much easier when all was needed were the characters from 0-9, A-F, space, and newline.[1]

Vinzent.

[1] And a lot of time to find the typo that crashed the computer.
--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 ¿/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl