[fpc-devel] Re: PDF on C/C++ code in Free Pascal

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Sep 16 20:16:00 CEST 2009

On 16 Sep 2009, at 20:09, Sven Barth wrote:

> Jonas Maebe schrieb:
>> As far as I know, there is not a single test for this
>> functionality, so I'm not sure that it actually works.
>
> Well... then I think it's time to change this.
>
> I'll try to test this functionality (and to fix it, if it fails),

Thanks!

> but you  (or another core developer) should at least tell me how
> that feature is supposed to work and (equally important) be used.

Frankly, I don't really know. I only discovered this by chance while
working on the Objective-C support. As far as I could tell, you simply
have to use "cppclass" rather than "class", and that's it (the cppdecl
name mangling style is automatically applied to all methods
afterwards, if I remember correctly). I don't think that field
accesses can work at all though, nor calling virtual methods (let
alone defining multiple inheritance hierarchies). The only thing that
really seemed to be implemented was C++ name mangling.

Jonas