[fpc-devel] FPC 2.3.1 seems a mixed mess with Unicode support

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Sep 15 13:25:40 CEST 2009

In our previous episode, Florian Klaempfl said:
> > Exactly.
>
> The "1-byte" stuff has nothing to do with unicode but with code page
> aware strings.

Doesn't it have certain consequences for unicodestring<-> ansistring
conversions? Most notably to avoid that if a procedure has "ansistring" in
its interface it is always forces the default
encoding, unless I do everything manually.

To be honest, I have been waiting on this functionality to really start with
unicodestrings.

Maybe fcl-xml should be converted to unicodestring as a first attempt? Under
ifdef maybe?

I did this as a port to D2009 already, so I'm willing to attempt this.