[fpc-devel] building pdf documentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Wed Sep 9 16:34:25 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:

> make pdf works fine here.

As my other post suggested, on my side it doesn't. Sorry about that
email - I was venting some steam. :-/

[...after a string coffee...]

At the latex prompt (after some missing file error), I just kept
pressing enter. Eventually it dropped me back to the linux prompt. I
have a few PDF files  now. They contained the pages and
screenshots/images, but not text. I guess the missing file latex
complained about was a font? I search via http://packages.ubuntu.com/
for the package that contains a file like 'ptmr8t', but no such package
exists, so I have no clue where to get that from. :-(

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 (64bit).

BTW:
Is there a way of only "compiling" the ref.tex to PDF? I don't need the
fpdoc, rtl etc documentation for now. The readme.txt files doesn't
mention if this is possible.

I tried:
  $ make ref
  $ make ref.tex