[fpc-devel] Is lnet compilation working?

Aleš Katona almindor at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 13:01:15 CEST 2009

On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 18:30:58 -0700
ABorka <fpc-devel at aborka.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to send emails and load web pages from Lazarus/FPC programs.
>
> Since the latest Indy cannot be compiled and used in Lazarus/Freepascal
> at the moment (it seems at least so), I have tried to start using lNet.
>
> However, it seems it does not compile either.
> The lNet SVN gives:
> .
> .
> .
> Compiling ...\lNet_svn\lib\lcommon.pp
> lcommon.pp(319,4) Warning: User defined: check these ambiguous errors
> lcommon.pp(121,12) Error: Forward declaration not solved
> "GetHostName6(const AnsiString):AnsiString;"
> lcommon.pp(122,12) Error: Forward declaration not solved
> "GetHostIP6(const AnsiString):AnsiString;"
> lcommon.pp(498) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
> Fatal: Compilation aborted
> Error: ...\pp\bin\i386-win32\ppc386.exe returned an error exitcode
> (normal if you did not specify a source file to be compiled)

Will check this. IPv6 was added to lnet recently, and it works with 2.2.5 (on linux at least). The functions mentioned are from the NetDB unit...

> Tried to just unzip the lnet-0.6.2.zip file of lNet and run a make there
> too, got the following:
>
> .
> .
> .
> Compiling ...\lNet\lib\lspawnfcgi.pp
> lwebserver.pp(645,53) Error: absolute can only be associated with a var
> or const
> lwebserver.pp(654,27) Warning: Local variable "lServerSocket" does not
> seem to be initialized
> lwebserver.pp(705,53) Error: absolute can only be associated with a var
> or const
> lwebserver.pp(729,7) Warning: Local variable "lServerSocket" does not
> seem to be initialized
> lwebserver.pp(877,52) Error: absolute can only be associated with a var
> or const
> lwebserver.pp(1119,4) Warning: User defined: TODO
> lwebserver.pp(1255) Fatal: There were 3 errors compiling module, stopping
> Fatal: Compilation aborted

I got this reported with fpc 2.3.1 before too. If you use stable fpc, you need stable lnet. If you use trunk fpc, trunk lnet should work (but those IPv6 changes might have broken something there).