[fpc-devel] profiling under windows

Sergei Gorelkin sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru
Fri Nov 20 19:03:35 CET 2009

Paul Ishenin пишет:

> What I can't understand why the biggest %time has the lowest seconds. E.g:

The second column is a cumulative time, i.e. sum of the time for the given function and everything
above it.

> As result I don't understand which functions must be reviewed at first.
> Have anybody tried that before?

I did, but using Linux+valgrind rather than cygwin+gprof. IMHO valgrind (in its callgrind flavour)
outputs more useful profile information.
Some time ago I was able to optimize away about 20% of executed CPU instructions in the compiler,
which however didn't decrease its execution time by any noticeable amount. So, going for another 20%
will be a much more complicated task, beware.

Sergei