[fpc-devel] heaptrc

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Nov 19 20:15:21 CET 2009

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:
> Graeme Geldenhuys escreveu:
>> JoshyFun wrote:
>>
>>> (Windows only I think, and I do not know if Lazarus exclusive)
>>>
>>> Is there any way to add a cancel button to the window that show leaks
>>> ?
>>>
>> It's not specific to Lazarus or Windows. As Vincent said, rather output
>> to file using an environment variable. The heaptrc documentation
>> explains it all.
>
> A better solution would be implement some kind of callback in heaptrc
> that could be hooked by the application to intercept and decide when
> and how to show. This could allow LCL applications to show e.g. a
> window with the leakview control instead of the std message window.

If you use a hook, to put the heptrc window in place, then the whole
thing would run in the user app => put an instance of the heaptrc window
in the uswer app can not control the ide to jump anywhere => so no use.

IMHO the IDE should by default set the enviromane so the heaptrc gets
written to a file in the project dir (which is cleared by the IDE
before). Then the IDE can pick it up...