[fpc-devel] Porting FPC to a new architecture

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:27:48 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
> This is great news for me, as I am considering a NIOS2 Port and NIOS2 is
> very similar to MIPS32 so we might be able to work together on this and
> the resulting thingy would support both architectures.

What operating system will you be targetting?

I think that telling FPC which ASM instructions to use should be quite
easy, the main problem should be getting a grip in the binutils, how
to link libraries and all other stuff that comes with it.

Luckly linux-mipsel has standard GNU binutils, but I don't know about NIOS2

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho