[fpc-devel] Could FPC add the PLM "based" construct?

Thaddy thaddy at thaddy.com
Tue Nov 17 15:11:55 CET 2009

Giuliano Colla wrote:

> I've never found the C++ way (Button->Click) more telling than FPC way
> (Button.Click), on the contrary I find it cumbersome, but of course
> you're free to think otherwise.

Huh? Button.Click is perfectly legal in C++... Although it does not mean
a dereference, but a direct  ;) AFAIK the scandinavian mafia (Bjarne and
Anders) did not agree, but both had the same in mind. Since Pascal
already used ^ for pointers (pascal is much older than c++) Anders was
free to use the simple dot notation to distinguish. Bjarne had to
circumvent his reliance on C notation, hence the ->.
I don't see the point about your argumentation. "Absolute" is supported,
even explicit as opposed to implicit and that is a good thing.