[fpc-devel] [patch] tBits

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Nov 13 16:55:24 CET 2009

On 13 Nov 2009, at 15:39, Paul Ishenin wrote:

> Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> I think he means that the rtl has to be compilable by the previous
>> release, so you have to exclude any enumerators you add during
>> bootstrapping.
> Enumerators added using GetEnumerator method can't add problems with
> compilation. operator Enumerator of course will not compiler.
>
> How this is usually solved? By FPC_HAS_FEATURE_ENUMERATORS ?

FPC_HAS_FEATURE_* is mainly for things that can be enabled and
disabled in the base RTL (such as IO, heap manager, ansistring support
etc). Temporary defines for bootstrapping purposes can basically be
any define starting with FPC_. Search for "settle" in compiler/
options.pas to see where these are defined.

Jonas