[fpc-devel] LLVM Backend?

Samuel Crow samuraileumas at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 23:41:03 CET 2009

----- Original Message ----

Alright Jonas,

I can work on getting Borland Fastcalls implemented in the LLVM x86 backend.  By the time I'm done with that we can talk about what else needs doing.  Is there a test already in the FPC repository that I can use as a test to make sure that the calling convention is working?  I'll be working on a MacOSX 10.5 Intel computer if that makes a difference.

Also, as part of the Mattathias BASIC project, our team leader has almost completed the LLVM-PEG utility for implementing parsing expression grammars in LLVM Assembly.  If I end up continuing the work I started on a new LLVM-FPC parser I'll be using that as my tool of choice and implementing the code sections with support routines from LLVM and Clang.  (I won't have the liberty of using Clang's libraries in the BASIC compiler since BASIC requires a two-pass compilation process.)

I hope your workload permits you to work on the function calling mechenism soon.  Thanks for your advice.

--Sam Crow