cpstrnew branch (was Re: [fpc-devel] Freepascal 2.4.0rc1 released)

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Tue Nov 10 20:18:35 CET 2009

On Tuesday 10 November 2009 19:24:38 Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> MSE boasts some 'great features'. Well, last time I checked
> (admittedly some time ago), MSE didn't even support 64-bits,
> while Lazarus does since many years.

It supports now Linux x86-64. I used about 110 hours for the adaption. Problem
is gdb and dwarf on x86-64 (display of var parameters) and freezing of the
application if compiled with -gl in case of an exception. I can't understand
that Lazarus lives with this since years.
I asked in the MSEide newsgroup about the interest in 64 bit, the result was
near zero.

Martin