[fpc-devel] Questions about the Windows RTLs

Sven Barth svenmauren at vr-web.de
Fri Nov 6 20:45:59 CET 2009

Hi together! (again :P)

While working on the Native NT RTL and (some minutes ago) submitting the
DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH patch, I got questions about two differences in the
RTL of the three Windows targets.

1. What's the reason of this INDIRECT_MAIN_INFORMATION constructs (and
the corresponding types)? And why are they only used in Win32 (although
Win64 seems to be prepared for those as well - but the define is missing)?

2. Why are setjmp methods used inside the Win32/64 dll entry function,
but not inside the WinCE one? (I personally prefer the WinCE one, it is
clearer to read and understand :) )

Regards,
Sven