[fpc-devel] Re: Testing for..in feature

"Vinzent Höfler" JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Wed Nov 4 21:39:57 CET 2009

Matt Emson <memson.lists at googlemail.com>:

> The problem I always had with Pascal supporting them was that a Pascal
> enum was designed to represents the position in a sequence and not
> necessarily an underlying integral value - where as a sparse enum is
> simply a grouping for a bunch of numerical values at the whim of the
> developer.

Or to map logical values to physical ones (on some hardware).

Loops and arrays would be a plus, but I'd consider a compile-time error sufficient here. ;) I'd still expect "Succ" and "Pred" to work properly on those types.

Vinzent.

--
DSL-Preisknaller: DSL Komplettpakete von GMX schon für
16,99 Euro mtl.!* Hier klicken: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02