[fpc-devel] Comparing arrays of char

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Nov 2 11:24:15 CET 2009

In our previous episode, Carsten Bager said:
> Here is output from my program p compiled with Delphi (5) and FPC.
> I believe that FPC fails because the first byte is chr(0)  when comparing 70501033728 with
> 0.

Did you also try this on a PC? I haven't really tested, but it
seems that you are converting between integers and arrays making use of
their memory storage.

The memory storage format differs between x86 and (typical) arm. The former
is little endian, the latter mostly bigendian.

Google/wikipedia those terms to get an overview, e.g.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness