[fpc-devel] Delphi smart-linking perspective ( Language change and implementation ... )

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun May 31 11:35:43 CEST 2009

On 31 May 2009, at 10:38, Paul Ishenin wrote:

> Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> Yes, we made a refactoring and as result empty form + button
>> application weights 200Kb less now. Can you check, maybe now WPO
>> results can be more impressive?

Still quite minimal results. But unless I'm misremembering, it seems
that the size of the application itself has grown a lot. An empty form
with a button now results in an application of 1.8MB (Carbon/i386). I
thought it was closer to 1.1MB the last time that I tried this
(October last year).

Here's where the size comes from (with smart linking and stripping, no
debug information):

__TEXT  __DATA  __OBJC  others  total
1171456	655360	0	44932	1871748

Jonas