[fpc-devel] TSQLConnection.CharSet improvement suggestion

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 26 16:17:17 CEST 2009

2009/5/26 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> And what will you do if someone sets the UserName property ? Write to the
> field, or will you also start checking params, and update that as well ?

As a safety precaution, it sets the value in Params as well. I think I
saw something like this done in sqldb already (though I'm not sure - I
looked at a lot of db code recently).  The dedicated properties should
always take precedence.

> IMHO We should enlighten them instead of encouraging them to stick to
> wrong habits :-)

True. :)

> What if 2 programmers work on the same project. programmer A fills
> in UserName, and programmer B checks Params.Values['user_name'] ?
> Should we cater for that ? It's confusing.

The solution I mentioned above will cover such a scenario and both
programmers will get the same result.

Regards,
  - Graeme -