[fpc-devel] Installation of FPC under Debian from .deb and , rpm packages

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk sanliturk at ttmail.com
Sat May 9 05:14:50 CEST 2009

Dear FPC Developers ,

In those days I am trying to install FPC and Lazarus under Debian 5.0.0
from .deb and .rpm builds ( release and snapshots ) without success .

( I could only install FPC release from its tar ball ) .
( Building Lazarus from make is giving error  about missing glib but I
could not find glib where nearly ALL of the packages supplied by Debian
are installed . )

for dpkg -i fpc... .deb ,
and dpkg -i lazarus... .deb

they are giving error about :  failed dependency  /bin/sh
although /bin/sh is existent .

.deb packages are breaking package installation lists and it is becoming
necessary to fix them by Synaptic .

.rpm packages are also giving the above error .

A Installation ReadMe.txt file  within download pages may be useful to
install released packages . Wiki pages about installation on Debian are
not reflecting current situation ( or I did not understand them properly ) .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk