[fpc-devel] compiling and installing only changed packages

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 11:59:59 CET 2009

Hi,

If I make some local changes to FPCUnit for example (anything in
'packages' directory really), how to I compile and install only the
packages units and not the whole RTL, Compiler?

This is how I normally compile a new FPC after a 'svn up' command.

--------- startbuild.sh --------------
make clean
make all
make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/fpc_svn

Directory layout is as follows:

/opt/fpc_svn
          /src         <- svn checked out code
          /bin         <- the following three dirs are created by 'make install'
          /lib
          /share

Regards,
  - Graeme -