[fpc-devel] How to search units reported by gdb? (fpc and mseide devels please participate)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Mar 21 15:13:16 CET 2009

On 21 Mar 2009, at 15:07, Paul Ishenin wrote:

> Jonas Maebe wrote:
>>> Sorry, for me it is somehow strange that this works different:
>>>
>>> {file="C:/programming/fpc/rtl/i386/i386.inc",fullname="C:/
>>> programming/fpc/rtl/i386/i386.inc"} and
>>> {file="./include/messagedialogs.inc"}
>>>
>>> main unit file is located in
>>> C:/programming/mytest/0.9.27/SafeCall/project1.lpr
>>
>> Did you recompile everything with -gostabsabsincludes? And did it
>> change anything at all?
> No, I had not. I'm asking about default fpc behavior. I just found
> it strange that 2 files are handled different while both have .inc
> extension.

They are not necessarily handled differently. When gdb finds an
include file specified in the debug information, then it will always
display the full path in the output above. If it doesn't find it (for
whatever reason), it will display what's stored in the debug
information (which can be a relative path).

Jonas