[fpc-devel] Win32 DWARF problem (was: Debugger for FPC)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Mar 19 10:54:57 CET 2009

Paul Ishenin wrote on do, 19 mrt 2009:

> Jonas Maebe wrote:
>
>>> I've tested this (by editing the .s file) and gdb still seems to work
>>> and doesn't complain anymore.
>>
>> Can you test the attached patch? I tried to send it to Paul, but mail.ru
>
> I have tested. No more warnings!
>
> But, it uses external linker anyway now :(  Maybe after your patch
> internal linker will work too?

That's extremely unlikely.

> How can I check this?

Look for the following code in compiler/options.pas and disable it:

       { the internal linker does not work yet with DWARF either }
       if assigned(target_info.link) and
          not(cs_link_extern in init_settings.globalswitches) then
         begin
           Message(option_dwarf_external_linker);
           include(init_settings.globalswitches,cs_link_extern);
         end;

Jonas