[fpc-devel] fpc binary for OpenBSD 4.4

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Fri Mar 13 16:07:11 CET 2009

Op Fri, 13 Mar 2009, schreef Constantine Cusulos:

> I would like to compile fpc on my OpenBSD4.4/i386 system. The buildfaq
> (http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf) requires to have a usable fpc
> binary in order to compile fpc source.
>
> OpenBSD has emulation for binaries from linux and FreeBSD so i got the
> corresponding binaries from Ubuntu/i386 and FreeBSD/i386. Emulation
> didn't work. That means that i was not able to use the freepascal
> compiler on my system with either of those binaries.
>
> Is there a way i can compile fpc on OpenBSD4.4/i386?

The OpenBSD code in the rtlis unmaintained, perhaps Marco can give an idea
about the state of that code. Since many platform specific code is shared
with FreeBSD & Darwin, it can be brought back to life with relative ease.

If a bootstrap compiler is missing it may be possible to compile an
OpenBSD execitable on another system. If all else fails, the assembler
files can be generated on a Linux system, transfered to OpenBSD and
assembled/linked there. But this has almost never been necessary.

Daniël