[fpc-devel] Re: Debugger for FPC

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Wed Mar 11 17:11:42 CET 2009

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 15:14:27 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
>
> <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  http://opensoft.homeip.net/~graemeg/gdb_issues_with_fpc.png
>
> And then the same think under Kylix 3. As I said, with Delphi and
> Kylix such trivial things is a no-brainer. Debugging just works.
>
> http://opensoft.homeip.net/~graemeg/kylix_debuging.png

Delphi/Kylix:
"
var
  CurrencyString: string;
  CurrencyFormat: Byte;
  NegCurrFormat: Byte;
  ThousandSeparator: Char;
  DecimalSeparator: Char;
  CurrencyDecimals: Byte;
  DateSeparator: Char;
  ShortDateFormat: string;
"
FPC:
"
Var

   { Character to be put between date, month and year }
   DateSeparator: char absolute DefaultFormatSettings.DateSeparator;

   { Format used for short date notation }
   ShortDateFormat: string absolute DefaultFormatSettings.ShortDateFormat;
"
Delphi/Kylix probably can't map a variable to the address of another variable,
because of that Delphi needs separate implementations of format functions
with and without FormatSettings parameter.

Use "DefaultFormatSettings.ShortDateFormat" to display the value in gdb.

Martin