[fpc-devel] Debugger for FPC

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 10:57:35 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Florian Klaempfl
<florian at freepascal.org> wrote:

> Are you aware of the fact that Marc already started a debugger?

Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember something like that
mentioned. I think it was only for Windows, but I'll hunt it down and
see if we can use that as a starting block. Thanks for mentioning it.

> it is missing someting, it can be probably extended (I wrote the dwarf
> generator for FPC). I'am also willing to invest some time in a debugger
> written in pascal because the text mode ide has to get rid of libgdb

To to hear that you are also interested in a new debugger, means I
have not totally lost the plot.  :-)  I was no desperate at one point
with debugging, I tried the text mode ide as well, but I couldn't even
get debugging support compiled in. :-(  Plus having a debugger written
in pascal will simply be the cherry on the cake.

Regards,
  - Graeme -