[fpc-devel] ref,user and prog in chm format (updated)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Jul 30 20:30:52 CEST 2009

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Marco van de Voort wrote:
>>
>> Depacking a html zip on a slow machine takes over tens of minutes already.
>> 7zip would make it worse.
>
> Hey, it's quicker than compiling FPC. ;-)
>

>> The whole idea is to get rid of the depacked files all together, and a
>> solid
>> archive is useless as help format.
>
> True, but I thought I would mention that I used solid archive mode (optional
> of course) simply so that it could be compared to .tar.gz which is also a
> solid archive.
>

>> Maybe. Just provide a FPC implementation of the depacker for use in the
>> various installers, and we can test with it.
>
> I remember looking into this about a year ago. I used Total Commander with
> the 7-zip plugin, which is written in Delphi. And yes, it's a native pascal
> implementation, not a wrapper to the 7-zip .dll's.
>
> I'll see if I can track down the code and see what open source license was
> used.

How you don't get depressed of seeing your TODO list grow by the day
is a mystery to me. :(

My current theory is that you rely on the many-worlds interpretation of
quantum physics: in each world one of your copies does 1 thing on the
TODO list. Only problem is: the many worlds don't converge so the list
as a whole is never solved in 1 world :(

Michael.