[fpc-devel] Git mirror of FPC subversion repository is available

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Fri Jul 10 15:40:17 CEST 2009

I have completed the Git mirror of FPC - well 90% really. What remains
is the branches.

Out of the list below, which branches are actually being used?  Must I
make them all available in the git mirror, or maybe just a few like:
fixes_2_2, trunk etc. and probably the release tag ones?

Notes and Info:
----------------
* Unlike what I have done with the Lazarus mirror, the FPC git mirror
"master" branch is currently tracking Trunk (from SubVersion). The idea
of using "upstream" seems to have confused users in the Lazarus mirror,
so I wasn't going to repeat that here.

* The git URL is:
     git://github.com/graemeg/freepascal.git

* To view the repository online with your Web Browser go to:
     http://github.com/graemeg/freepascal/tree/master

* The complete clone of the mirror repository is a 54.5MB download which
contains the whole history of FPC's repository - some 13,376 revisions.

* When the repository is cloned, it will unpack locally to around 218MB.
I believe this is much smaller than SubVersion single revision checkout.

Enjoy!  :-)

=======================
$ git branch -a
* master