[fpc-devel] valgrind, parsing sym from exe
fpc at mfriebe.de
Wed Jan 28 15:03:14 CET 2009
I am trying to use Valgrind on a executable build with fpc. I get the
following error (the error was while using callgrind, with verbose output)
==18293== Reading syms from /data/OTHER/laz_trnc/lazarus (0x8048000)
@@ unlikely looking definition in unparsed remains ";"
@@ expected ',' at struct TYPE (remains="PCHAR:t166=*180")
gave NULL type
--18293-- INTERNAL ERROR: Valgrind received a signal 11 (SIGSEGV) - exiting
--18293-- si_code=0xC Fault EIP: 0xB8060318 (); Faulting address: 0x0
Are there any known restrictions?
- I am using the fpc 22 fixes branch (checked out today)
- compile with either "-g -gv" or "-gs -gv" (same error in both cases)
- The application I am trying to run under valgrind is lazarus, but as
for reading the symbol tables from the file, that shouldn't matter?
- Ah yes, and the OS is FreeBSD (whic may be part of the problem...)
- valgrind identifies itself as 2.1.2.cvs (I had to go for the cvs
version or it wouldn't start at all)
Any idea if there are fixes in later versions of FPC? Or other compiler
Thanks for any feedback
More information about the fpc-devel