[fpc-devel] Bug in Gettext?

Klaus Reimer k at ailis.de
Sat Jan 10 15:29:48 CET 2009

Klaus Reimer wrote:
> Unfortunately I was not yet able to locate the responsible code in the
> GNU gettext source... Maybe I try again later if I find the time.

Now I found the hash function in GNU gettext. The algorithm is the same
as in Free Pascal and the result for a string like
'TABOUTFORM.CAPTION'#4'About' is also the same. So that's not the
problem... I think I have to dive deeper into the msgfmt tool. The
documentation mentions "double hashing" which is used when messages
collide (which is the case here because I have multiple "About" texts in
the application).

--
Bye, K <http://www.ailis.de/~k/>
[A735 47EC D87B 1F15 C1E9 53D3 AA03 6173 A723 E391]