[fpc-devel] First version of FPC for iPhone SDK 2.x available

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Jan 10 01:09:34 CET 2009

On 10 Jan 2009, at 00:50, dmitry boyarintsev wrote:

> I've tried to use the disk image without checking my iPhone SDK
> version first. It has turned out that my SDK is out of date. So I'm
> downloading it right now.

Which version did you have?

> Anyway, it would be nice, if there would be 're-launch script' button
> at the last step of installation, just in case if anything goes wrong.
> Or if script is available itself right after installation.

The installer opens a Finder window with the script selected when it
reaches the last screen.  And both the first and final window of the
installation display the full path to the script. I really don't know
in how many more ways I should make it clear where the script is
located.

> Also, then script asked me about location of iPhoneSDK it a bit
> confused me, but i guess default location is /Developer directory. It
> would be nice to add a hint about it on the script text.

The problem is that the SDK can be installed anywhere. In my case,
it's in /iphone2.1 (my regular Xcode is installed in /Developer). I
have found no way to automatically detect where the iPhone SDK is
installed. Suggesting that it's in /Developer may confuse as many
people as it could help.

Jonas