[fpc-devel] Support Project Pages in Free Pascal and Lazarus web sites

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk sanliturk at ttmail.com
Fri Dec 4 20:37:21 CET 2009

Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> Jonas Maebe schrieb:
>> On 04 Dec 2009, at 17:51, Dariusz Mazur wrote:
>>
>>> but now another problem
>>>
>>> linker say that system.pp need  function _haltproc_eabi which is
>>> absent in ucprt.0
>> That's probably because nobody has maintained the uclibc support
>> since adding EABI support. The ARM/Linux support is very ad hoc: it
>> was added, but afaik there is no real maintainer for it (Florian and
>> I sometimes fix some things, but that's it). uclibc is even less
>> tested or used. We really need someone who is will to maintain that
>> platform,

> I still miss a reasonable EABI development system. <-----------------
>

>> because several people appear to be interested in using it,
>> but few if any in developing and maintaining the necessary compiler
>> or RTL support.
>>

>> Jonas_

I have an idea so much time but I feared to make a suggestion  . Now , I
want to explain it :

In both Free Pascal and Lazarus web sites , there may be pages about
projects which may be described by the Free Pascal and/or Lazarus
developers . In those projects a problem and requirements of solution of
that problem may be documented .

For example ,

Problem : Transporting Free Pascal to a new X platform .
Requirements : A list of computing server X(1) with specialties  ,
                a list client computer X(2) with specialties  ,
                a list of books for theoretical needs ,
                amount M of cash for ... expenses ,
                etc. .

People having facilities would support such projects as much as possible
by donating money , hardware , books , etc. .

I think such an approach would help to solve problems in much more
shorter time .

As an example , please visit Wikipedia in the following main page :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Last year there was a campaign around 5 million US dollars , when that
amount had been obtained , they discontinued the campaign .

This year , they are trying to raise 7.5 million US dollars :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer

Sometimes , an idea is expressed to emphasize unimportance of an Open
Source Projects . In universities and other schools Pascal is in their
curricula . Free Pascal and Lazarus are very important tools for such
courses . Even only this usage in its sole existence shows importance of
  Free Pascal and Lazarus .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk