[fpc-devel] error when crosscompile for arm

Dariusz Mazur darekm at emadar.com
Wed Dec 2 00:15:24 CET 2009

Jonas Maebe pisze:

> On 30 Nov 2009, at 23:47, Dariusz Mazur wrote:
>
>> Is this possible to add special directive, that left the same
>> behavior of comp under arm?
>> or any other hack?
>
> Only a hardware hack: solder an x87-fpu on your ARM processor and use
> that... This cannot be fixed in software without emulating an x87-fpu
> (or 128 bit floats), because a double precision floating point type
> does not have the required precision to represent all comp values.
I was thinking,  that soft FPU can emulate this, or compiler can use
comp internal as int64 and external as real.
But now I remove comp and go one.

 From these stage I have one suggestion.
on linux-i368  directive $E claim: switch $E is not supported
on linux-arm the same switch cause compiling error (problems with units
generating with different switch ) remark: all compiled with -CfSOFT

Darek

--
  Darek