[fpc-devel] [patch] fixes check for unused threadvars

Sergei Gorelkin sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru
Sat Apr 25 22:28:15 CEST 2009

Sergei Gorelkin пишет:

> Whoops, not that easy. It appears that
> Tresourcestrings.CreateResourceStringData
> does not create new section in current_asmdata.asmlists[al_const] and
> therefore it
> depends on the state in which that asmlist was left by the previously
> executed code. Hence, compiling a unit that does not have threadvars but
> has resourcestrings ends up in an IE.

Please don't bother applying this yet.
It looks that the harmless tweak triggeres an issue that I've spotted
back in 2007: no sections are created in asmlists[al_const] at all, and
everything generated there goes to the last section of the preceding
asmlist, which may be .bss.
Absense of the sections also impairs the smartlinking, I guess.

This requires a proper fixing and careful testing. I'll be back with it.

Regards,
Sergei