[fpc-devel] Help on building crosscompiler with fpc 2.3.1

Lukas Gradl fpc at ssn.at
Fri Sep 26 19:09:56 CEST 2008

Marco van de Voort schrieb:
> In our previous episode, Lukas Gradl said:
>> At the moment, I'm developing on a i386 Linux machine. For some servers
>> I need x86_64 binaries, so I have a second machine with x86_64 linux I
>> use just for compiling.
>>
>> It would be great to compile everything on one machine, so I tried to
>> build a crosscompiler for x86_64 on my i386 machine. The Wikipage on
>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Cross_compiling doesn't work anymore
>> - make is complaining about a missing ppcrossx86_64 almost immediatly.
>
> Please be more detailed. What command do you run in which directory, with
> what version as starting compiler?

I have (for simplifying I use X86_64 to compile i386 as described in the
wiki):
fpc 2.3.1 built from svn running on a Kubuntu X86_64 machine
(Source got via svn checkout http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk fpc)

I want:
compiling i386 binaries on that machine

I did (according to http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Cross_compiling):

created i386-linux-ld and i386-linux-as as described in the Wiki

cd /path-to-fpc-source-root/

make all CPU_TARGET=i386

I get:
Makefile:129: *** Compiler ppcross386 not found.

What I could not find was, how to create that ppcross386. I remember it
worked with a previous 2.2.0 install, but since I switched to 2.3.1 I
couldn't get it to work.

regards
Lukas

--