[fpc-devel] MSG_NOSIGNAL in Mac OS X

Aleš Katona almindor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:15:02 CEST 2008

Dňa Št, 2008-09-18 o 13:49 +0200, Marco van de Voort napísal:
> In our previous episode, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho said:
> > The sockets unit for Mac OS X (FPC 2.2.2) does not contain
> > MSG_NOSIGNAL, which is necessary for the correct functioning of the
> > Synapse library.
> >
> > I modifyed the Synapse source (locally) to use $20000 for
> > MSG_NOSIGNAL, which is the same value for FreeBSD/NetBSD.
> >
> > Note that I have very little knowledge of sockets, or what those
> > constants mean, or why they are necessary in Synapse. I am just saying
> > that maybe MSG_NOSIGNAL should be added to the darwin sockets unit.
> > What do you think?
> >
> >  MSG_NOSIGNAL  = $20000;              { Do not generate SIGPIPE }

It's not officially documented, and I don't have a Mac so I didn't
include it. I found it odd myself, but then FreeBSD added this
relatively recently, and I think Apple just copied without notifying
later (thus no docs etc.).

Anyway if it's really there and tested, it should be added to the Darwin
unxsockh.inc.

Very useful this flag, lNet uses it too if possible.

Ales