[fpc-devel] Questions about fcl-web and Lazarus package fpweb CGI

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Tue Sep 16 00:46:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to sort out a few things with fcl-web and the fpweb Lazarus
package (bug fixes etc.) and came up with some questions.

1. Any reason for having a cgiapp.pp in /lazarus/components/fpweb/ and
in /fpc.../fcl-web/src a different one?
To my best knowledge none of the copies of this file are used anywhere.
It seems that /fcl../fcl-web/src/custcgi.pp (very similar code) is used
when one creates a CGI application in Lazarus

2. The /lazarus/components/fpweb/ copy of cgiapp.pp seems to have some
unicode related changes, but the copy in /fcl../fcl-web/src/ seems to be
the more improved code (even though none of these files are used anywhere).
As if someone started to make something unicode compatible but used an
earlier version of the file in fcl-web. Is there a reason having them in
the Lazarus install package?
Based on the unicode related changes in one of them - Are similar
changes need to be done in fcl-web to make those unicode compatible?
/
GetEnvironmentVariable -> GetEnvironmentVariableUTF8
FileExists -> FileExistsUTF8
DeleteFile -> DeleteFileUTF8 TFileStream.Create(UTF8ToSys('...'),fmCreate)
/
I guess first fcl-web/Lazarus-fpweb should be working properly before
"Unicodeifying" them.

3. As mentioned in the thread "Bug report 12110 needs a cleanup in the
bug tracker system?" we need to be able to make TDataModule descendants
at runtime in order to make the apache modules work if they are using
TFPWebModule (like Lazarus). According to Michael this requires some
object level changes somewhere.

AB