[fpc-devel] Delphi 2009 trial is available for download

Thaddy thaddy at thaddy.com
Wed Sep 10 16:30:53 CEST 2008

> Could anyone, please, contribute your thoughts and feelings as for
> unicode in actual Delphi 2009?  i have no possibility to download this
> and experiment :(

I am a betatester for the Tiburon (D2009) release and it is rather good.
The unicode support is not flawless (yet) but it is well thought out and
the architecture for the implementation is sound. That said: on a realy
large codebase it will definitely give you a head-ache. But not as big
as I thought and the benefits are greater.