[fpc-devel] FPC 2.2.2 on Linux/SPARC

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 22:12:20 CEST 2008

I'm trying to get up to date on various platforms- i386 (NT and Linux),
SPARC and now ARM (both Linux). I've installed 2.2.2 on Windows and
built from source for i386 Linux without significant problems.

On SPARC I can build from scratch and tests complete. fpc appears to be
OK, but fp bombs during initialisation leaving the screen in raw mode.
If I redirect stdout to a file I get

An unhandled exception occurred at $FFA767E2 :
EBusError : Bus error or misaligned data access
   $FFA767E2

I'm not very good with gdb etc.- how do I start to track this down?

I've had fp working in the past with 2.2.0, so I think this is a fairly
new one. My apologies that I've not been more active testing.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk