[fpc-devel] Dynamic Array Type

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Thu Oct 30 20:54:41 CET 2008

Hi,

I would like to export (cdecl) SetLength like this

procedure SetArrayLength(var DynArr: DynArrayType; NewLen: Integer); cdecl; export;
begin
  SetLength(DynArr, NewLen);
end;

but the type DynArrayType is not know,
though it is used in the definition of the function

./rtl/inc/system.fpd:Function Length(A : DynArrayType) : Integer;

Is it an internal compiler type ?

Is it possible what I try to do. (cfr writeln)
Probably not, but you never know if you don't ask.

I would like to resize pascal dynamic arrays from c-code and would
like to avoid to have to define an exported function for every dyn array type (element size).

regards,

Den Jean