[fpc-devel] Code is clean now, but how about documentation?

Tom Verhoeff T.Verhoeff at tue.nl
Tue Oct 7 11:47:29 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 09:53:22AM +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> I checked:
> It is very different, so probably you indeed copied from FPC docs.

Please accept my apologies for barking at nothing.

> Which is also correct on your part, because the FPC docs are free text,
> and if you used Delphi documentation on slides for teaching, you yourself
> would be in copyright violation. (unless you expressly asked permission
> from Borland).

Well, the legal situation is more complicated.  In an educational setting
quoting has more freedom.  Also, quoting short passages with proper
credits is allowed (e.g. in a book review).

> Given that you nearly gave me a heartattack and that I didn't sleep tonight,
> I'd like to ask everyone to be careful when making such statements.
> Even though I know these allegations are not correct, it works heavily
> on my system. I'm only as human as the next man. :-)

I am truly sorry about this.

We do know now that the documentation is in fact (very likely to be)
clean as well.  I was worried too.

Thanks for the confirmation and Let's get back to the real work,

	Tom
--
E-MAIL: T.Verhoeff @ TUE.NL     | Dept. of Math. & Comp. Science
PHONE:  +31 40 247 41 25        | Technische Universiteit Eindhoven