[fpc-devel] FPC 2.2.3 i386-darwin snapshot

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Oct 6 14:43:35 CEST 2008

On 06 Oct 2008, at 13:16, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> I did not test the merged revision in 2.2.1. Yes, I regret nor having
> tested it. I had supposed it would work and it was merged right in the
> end of the development process, so I had no time to test.

In such cases you should never ask to merge things. "Supposing that it
will work" is not good enough for a release.

> But it doesn't matter. In 2.2.0 it accepts the code but it produces
> wrong parameters, so what is the use for that?

It did not produce "wrong parameters". The behaviour was not Delphi-
compatible, but as long as you did not depend on not having exactly
the same kinds of parameters as there (which is probably the case for
most code), it worked.

> Both parts need to work for PasCocoa.

The result is that now PasCocoa nor other apps that use this work with
2.2.2.

Jonas