[fpc-devel] library export in Linux

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 12:59:30 CEST 2008

On 10/5/08, ABorka <fpc-devel at aborka.com> wrote:
>  The problem is only there (checked now on apache 2.2.3 also with the latest
> svn fpc /11864/ and lazarus /16875/ trunk) if
>
>  {$ifdef WINDOWS}//!! not needed
>  exports test_module name 'test_module1';
>  {$endif}        //!! not needed

Well, then FPC changed, and the old way to export variables on unixes
doesn't work anymore. Looks like a regression, but it's not a too big
problem. We can just change that in the examples and have less ifdefs.

>  is there. If the ifdef is removed and the exports instruction is there,
> then apache loads the module without any errors on Linux.

Does it also work (instead of only loading) without the ifdef and
without you debuging code?

>  If the assignfile is called, it already screws the DefaultHandler execution
> even if the lines after it are commented out in the procedure.
>  Any suggestion why? I've tried to use streams, same result.

wow, this is really strange. I cannot think of a reason why this would
happen ... if noone else here has an idea I would ask in a apache
mailling list. There may be some reason connected to the internal
apache structure.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho