[fpc-devel] Pascal to Java compiler

Thaddy thaddy at thaddy.com
Thu Nov 27 15:57:30 CET 2008

I remember that the Delphi to java bytecode compiler isn't feature
complete. I can't be: it will not be possible to compile any old delphi
program into java byte code for several reasons. But it is possible to
create Java bytecode with a - safe - subset of pascal syntax. It is also
possible to use the same intermediate compiler to compile to .net/mono,
though. It isn't possible to adapt Freepascal to write once compile
anywhere with Java OR .Net. Both these assume restrictions that are
simply not there in native code compilers, so you would have to work
with one lame leg. I hope you realize that.