[fpc-devel] Att: Joost. About bug report 12667

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sun Nov 23 21:11:50 CET 2008

Op zondag 23-11-2008 om 14:48 uur [tijdzone -0300], schreef Luiz Americo
Pereira Camara:
> Almost all changes were necessary.  From 29 changes only 3 were
> cosmetical. Very far from "mostly".
>
> "It's easier if you send in patches without any layout-changes."

It's just much easier. Remove those three space-fixes, and the rename of
Options to LocateOptons from the patch.
When you're done that, you can read the patch very quickly and you see
immediately what is really changed. Without having to disregard about
half the patch.

That's just very usefull if you write the code with more people using a
system like svn. That way everybody is able to review other peoples
revisions very quickly.

> Ok. Here's another: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=12698 .
> Expect at least one more.
>
> "And then send the layout-changes in a seperate patch."
>
> I was reformatting only surrounded code. Now i'll do a (big) patch with
> all the reformatting.

Ok, I'll commit them if they are ready.

Joost.