[fpc-devel] Unicode and Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 11:41:35 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be really good if there was a guide, preferably in the wiki,
> to explain how to add a new test case to Free Pascal.
>
> I have already some test cases in mind, like making sure static
> methods compile (an error in 2.2.2) and then after some discussion the
> utf-8 test cases. At the moment I can't add the test cases because I
> don't know how to.

For everything but deep compiler stuff, I would think fpcUnit should
do perfectly. After all, that is what fpcUnit (or unit testing in
general) is for. And unit tests can have a GUI or Text (console) test
runner.  The latter being handy for automated runs - daily or hourly.
tiOPF project does this and we have around 1600 unit tests.

Regards,
  - Graeme -