[fpc-devel] Unicode and Lazarus

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 11:06:43 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Florian Klaempfl
<florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> Big deal, I simply enable operator overloading for unique string types
> to get this working, then everybody is happy and we've unicode support?

Indeed that could work. But the operator overloading would need to
override the widestring managed. Actually it will be a bit confuse to
have 2 methods to change the assignments: the widestring manager and
the operator overloading.

We also need a {$ to set which string type "string" should be.

And then we need a set of RTL routines using utf8string, but Lazarus
developers/users can write them after the other parts are working.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho